06 February 2011

Tongue-Twister twists tongue


Tongue Twisters  it is a phrase or sentence which is hard to speak fast, usually because of alliteration or a sequence of nearly similar sounds. It helps develop speech skills & helps in speech therapy. 

To get the full effect of a tongue twister you should try to repeat it several times, as quickly as possible, without stumbling or mispronouncing.


Here are some tongue twister given by my teacher during my school time..


I SLIT the SHEET, the SHEET I SLIT and on the SLITTED SHEET I SIT 


shy Shelly says she shall sew sheets


Sam's shop stocks short spotted socks


which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?


Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better


Tim, the tin twin tin Smith


The boot black bought the black boot back


Which witch wished which wicked wish?


my favorite one is ...


she sells sea shells by the sea shore 
the shells she sells are surely sea shells
so, if she sells shells on the sea shore
I'm sure she sells sea shore shells




Need more tongue twister? Visit.. http://www.indianchild.com/tongue_twisters.htm 

0 comments:

Post a Comment